Tikka T3 / T3x - titanium bolt shroud (black)
Tikka T3 / T3x Bolt Shroud (black color)
CNC machined from high-grade aerospace Titanium Alloy Ti6Al4V
Why grade 5 titanium alloy? ... At under an 0.88oz (25g), our shrouds are close to half the weight of comparable steel shrouds, yet significantly harder than the aluminum alloy shrouds on the market. Grade 5 titanium either matches or outperforms the tensile strength and hardness of high-grade steel and has exceptional corrosion resistance. The bolt shroud on the Tikka T3 is not just decorative, it is designed to protect the shooter's face in the rare event of a cartridge rupture or failure, where hot gas and powder debris can travel back through the bolt body (usually via the firing pin hole). We designed the shroud to have a twin-taper and also cut in a very fine diamond checkering pattern on top of the body to mimic the style of the shrouds seen on the bolts of the more expensive Sako 75, Sako Quad etc.
- All shrouds come with a small coil spring which is optional to install. The spring is designed to take up the slack of a necessary tolerance designed into the shroud to ensure proper function of your firing pin assembly. The spring needs to be cut in half before being installed. Installing the spring can remedy any minor noise made by the shroud in this dimension when out hunting. The factory plastic shrouds (and several other aftermarket shrouds) also have this same amount of movement, however being plastic it isn't as noticeable with the factory shroud.
- Our shrouds are CNC machined to a tolerance within +/- 0.05mm (approx
+/- 2 thou) in the critical dimension that locks into the firing pin
assembly. This dimension has been cut slightly larger than required to account for
variations discovered between different rifles tested. In an early
production run we didn't account for a tolerance here at all which resulted in this batch not fitting some of the rifles where assembly was attempted!
- Please refer to installation instruction located HERE
- CNC Machined from high grade aerospace titanium alloy
- Polished then glass bead blasted to a satin finish then PVD blackened
- Diamond pattern cut onto the top of the shroud body
- Also available in a glass bead blasted finish to match the silver color of factory stainless rifles