Sako TRG-22, TRG 42 and TRG-S
Black titanium alloy bolt handle. Knob included.
Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA - see our website www.boltknobs.com
..... PLEASE NOTE ..... Sako have changed the design of bolt handles in TRGs made from 2013 onwards. If unsure remove your factory handle, take a photo and email it to us through our website and we'll confirm back on compatibility. We are looking at manufacturing handles currently for this upgraded design
This is a direct, screw-in replacement for your original Sako TRG 22 and TRG 42 bolt handle. The handle may also fit the Sako TRGS and Sako M995 however we don't own either of these rifles to test and confirm whether this is the case or not. We CNC turn these from aerospace (Grade 5) titanium alloy then bead blast and apply a highly durable Cerakote-H finish to match the color of the TRG's metalwork. As seen in the photos, this handle looks just like the original item.
Fit just about any aftermarket bolt knob to your Sako TRG rifle... there are no uncommon metric threads on this bolt handle!
Our version has a 5/16" x 24 TPI thread which allows fitment of just about any aftermarket knob available as opposed to being forced to retain the original plastic knob from Sako with the uncommon metric thread. Our handle is the same length as the original handle, with no taper, and is super strong and very light. The handle is priced to include our tactical bolt knob made from genuine carbon fiber which provides a slight increase in overall length over the original Sako item, resulting in improved bolt leverage and better clearance for larger optics if required. There are variations in how the factory bolt knob attaches to original handle depending on the vintage of your rifle (see note above) - our version is a drop-in replacement where the bolt handle threads directly to the bolt body.
• Manufactured from Grade 5 Titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
• Glass bead blasted. No tooling marks, matte finish.
• Color matched to rifle using Cerakote-H series.
• CNC engraved lettering on dovetail specifying thread
• 5/16" x 24 TPI male thread to accept most bolt knobs
• Fits both left and right handed rifles
The factory handle of the TRG 22 and TRG 42 is threaded directly into the bolt body using a metric M6 x 1 thread. The handle can be removed by firstly removing the factory knob then wrapping the handle in a strip of thick leather and securing firmly in a bench vise with the bolt body positioned parallel to the vise jaws. The bolt body can now be rotated anti-clockwise to unscrew from the handle. Clean threads if necessary then screw the new titanium handle using the smaller threaded end (M6 x 1) into the bolt body firmly by hand. Following this the bolt knob can be screwed onto the end of the bolt handle - again firmly by hand.
• The strip of thick leather (or padded vice jaws) serve to grip the bolt handle firmly and avoid marring the finish.
• Never use excessive force to unscrew the factory handle as this may result in it breaking / snapping potentiallly causing a difficult task of removing the remaining stem still threaded into the bolt body.
• If using a thread locking compound to attach the bolt handle or bolt knob, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent.
• If using a stronger thread locking compound, be very careful never to overheat the bolt if using a propane torch to remove the handle in the future.