Sako Finnfire - titanium bolt handle
Titanium alloy bolt handle with a fitted carbon fiber tactical knob
Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA - see our website www.BoltKnobs.com
This is a direct, screw-in replacement for your original Sako Finnfire bolt handle. We CNC machine these from Grade 5 titanium alloy and they have a polished finish to match the finish of the rifle's bolt body. We have gone all out skeletonizing these handles for absolute minimum weight. The diameter of the titanium stem is just over 1/4" (6.6mm) but is super strong and offers improved leverage with our larger bolt knob options. Overall length with our tactical handles is approx 2.3" (59mm) from bolt to end of knob.
The factory handle of the Sako Finnfire is threaded directly into the bolt body using a metric M6 x 1.0 thread. The handle can be removed by firstly removing the factory knob then wrapping the handle in a strip of thick leather and securing firmly in a bench vise with the bolt body positioned parallel to the vise jaws. The bolt body can now be rotated anti-clockwise to unscrew from the handle. Clean threads if necessary then screw the new titanium handle using the smaller threaded end (M6 x 1.0) into the bolt body firmly by hand. Following this the bolt knob can be screwed onto the end of the bolt handle - again firmly by hand.
- This handle is only compatible with the knob options listed here. It is not compatible with our round 1" knob.
- The strip of thick leather (or padded vise jaws) serve to grip the bolt handle firmly and avoid marring the finish.
- Never use excessive force to unscrew the factory handle as this may result in it breaking / snapping potentially causing a difficult task of removing the remaining stem still threaded into the bolt body.
- If using a thread locking compound to attach the bolt handle or bolt knob, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent.
- If using a stronger thread locking compound, be very careful never to overheat the bolt if using a propane torch to remove the handle in the future.
Tags: Sako Finnfire