Barnard - titanium bolt handle
- Brand: BoltKnobs.Com
- Product Code: BARNARD-HANDLE-Ti
- Availability: In Stock
Titanium bolt handle, knob included
Fits all Barnard models where the bolt handle threads to the bolt
Manufactured in grade 5 titanium and with a tapered profile to reduce weight, we polish then apply a durable DLC (PVD) coating which results in a nice black finish blending in closely with the 4340 blued action. The end has a 5/16 x 24 thread to fit our knob options (included in price) as well as a multitude of others. Available in two lengths to suit either our 1" (25.4") carbon fibre knob or 1.4" (40mm) tactical knobs. With a combined weight of just 0.9 oz (25.5 grams) the handle and knob is both lighter and stronger than the original. This will achieve the greatest savings of weight without sacrificing quality and offers improved grip and leverage over the factory handle.
The factory handle of Barnard is threaded to the bolt body. This can be removed by wrapping the original handle in a strip of thick leather (or vise soft jaws) and securing firmly in a bench vise with the bolt body positioned parallel and just above the vise jaws. The bolt body can now be rotated anti-clockwise to unscrew from the handle. Clean threads if necessary then screw our replacement 1-piece carbon fiber unit into the bolt body firmly by hand.
- The strip of thick leather (or padded vise jaws) serve to grip the bolt handle firmly and avoid marring the finish.
- Never use excessive force to unscrew the factory handle as this may result in it breaking / snapping potentially causing a difficult task of removing the remaining stem still threaded into the bolt body.
- If using a thread locking compound to attach the bolt handle or bolt knob, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent
- If using a stronger thread locking compound, be very careful never to overheat the bolt if using a propane torch to remove the handle in the future.