Kimber 84 - titanium bolt handle
Ti6Al4V titanium alloy handle. Knob included.
Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA - see our website www.BoltKnobs.com
- Our two handle lengths have been optimized different knobs (refer to handle lengths in the gallery)
- The compatible knobs are intermediate and tactical (refer to knob dimensions in the gallery)
- The OEM handle overall length minus the thread for the bolt body is 1.96" (49mm)
- The OEM knob diameter is 0.741" (18.82mm) at its widest point
- Weight with the carbon fiber 'intermediate' knob = 0.59oz (16.6g)
- Weight with the carbon fiber 'tactical' knob = 0.70oz (19.6g)
- Thread for bolt knob = 5/16" x 24 (UNF)
The factory handle of Kimber 84 is threaded directly into the bolt body using a 1/4" x 28 UNF thread. This can be removed by wrapping the original handle in a strip of thick leather such as from an old belt (or good quality vise soft jaws) and securing firmly in a bench vise with the bolt body positioned parallel and just above the vise jaws. If your Kimber has a separate bolt knob fitted as standard (tactical models) - unscrew this from the handle first before mounting into the vise. The bolt body can now be rotated anti-clockwise to unscrew from the handle. Clean threads if necessary then screw our replacement titanium alloy stem into the bolt body firmly by hand. The knob then can then be attached to this threaded stem.
- This handle is only compatible with the knob options listed here, our round 1" knob is not compatible due to the length.
- A strip of thick leather (or padded vise jaws) serve to grip the bolt handle firmly and avoid marring the finish.
- Never use excessive force to unscrew the factory handle as this may result in it breaking / snapping .
- If using a thread locking compound, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent
Tags: Kimber 84