Tikka 558, 590, 595, 658, 690 and 695 - trigger rebuild kit
Tikka 558, 590, 595, 658, 690 and 695
Trigger Rebuild Kit (~2lbs)
This is a 4 piece kit to refurbish your original Tikka trigger and which will safely bring your trigger down to a crisp ~2lb pull weight from the original pull weight that we measure at ~3.7lbs (when the grub screw is set at the original factory position). This trigger spring kit produces a pull weight that is consistent, safe and will break cleanly every time* when installed correctly**. Further improvements are possible by polishing the internal trigger components with varying grits of rouge compounds on a sisal wheel / buff. The spring is made from piano wire that has been electroplated for corrosion resistance and the spring plunger has been CNC machined from 17-4PH stainless steel.
- Trigger spring (2lb): coiled from piano wire that has been electroplated for corrosion resistance
- Spring plunger: CNC turned from 17-4PH stainless steel
- Grub screw: CNC turned from 17-4PH stainless steel with a thread locking compound applied
- Safety lever spring: fabricated from stainless steel wire
* Results may vary slightly between individual rifles and trigger pull gauges. Our pull weight is measured on an original Tikka 690 trigger using an RCBS gauge.
** We supply a replacement spring and spring plunger only. If unsure on installation, we highly recommend having a qualified and competent gunsmith do the job. Slight variations between different rifles may result in an unsafe trigger when fitting these springs. Always ensure the rifle is unloaded before commencing work and test trigger function extensively upon reassembly whilst rifle is unloaded. Slam closing the bolt and dropping the rifle onto the buttpad (both whilst unloaded) is imperative. Adjust the grub screw until a safe trigger is achieved.