Sako S20 - titanium bolt handle
- Brand: BoltKnobs.Com
- Product Code: SAKOS20-HANDLE
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Titanium alloy bolt handle, knob included.
Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA - see our website www.BoltKnobs.com
This is a direct, screw-in replacement for your original Sako S20 bolt handle CNC machined from Grade 5 titanium alloy. Our handle consists of two pieces: a glass bead-blasted titanium sleeve that matches the external profile and finish of the original factory handle, which is then secured into the bolt body by a titanium fastener with the common 5/16"x24 TPI thread. Our handle fits all Sako S20 models in both left and right handed configurations.
The factory handle of the Sako S20 is retained in the bolt body by a cap head hex fastener. Our handle uses a custom titanium grade 5 fastener with a tapered and threaded end for the bolt knob to screw onto (5/16"x24 TPI). A profiled titanium sleeve is held captive between this bolt knob and the bolt body once assembled. The factory handle can be removed by removing the factory knob then using a hex key to unscrew the fastener that retains the factory handle to the bolt body. Our handle can then be installed by inserting our fastener through the sleeve with the hex socket end facing away from the bolt body. The smaller threaded end of this fastener screws into the bolt body firmly (using either an M4 or 3/32" hex key). Once the handle is firmly secured to the bolt body, the bolt knob can then be screwed onto the end of the handle.
- This handle is only compatible with the knob options listed here. It is not compatible with our round 1" knob.
- If using a thread locking compound to attach the bolt handle or bolt knob, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent
- If using a stronger thread locking compound, be very careful never to overheat the bolt if using a propane torch to remove the handle in the future.
Tags: Sako S20