Sako TRG 21, TRG 22, TRG 41 and TRG 42 - titanium bolt handle
Sako TRG 21, TRG 22, TRG 41 and TRG 42 (pre-2013 models only)
Titanium bolt handle and tactical knob
Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA - see our website www.boltknobs.com
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
Sako have changed the design of bolt handles in TRG 22 and TRG 42 models made from 2013 onwards. If unsure remove your factory handle, take a photo and email it to us through our website and we'll confirm compatibility. The handleattaches to the bolt which has a relatively weak M6 x 1mm thread (comparable to 1/4") where M10 or 3/8" would have been more appropriate. Many customers buying our handles are replacing a factory handle that has snapped. The 2013+ update models don't appear to have these issues.
This is a direct, screw-in replacement for your original Sako TRG 21, TRG 22, TRG 41, or TRG 42 bolt handle. We CNC turn these from aerospace (Grade 5) titanium alloy then bead blast and apply a highly durable Cerakote-H finish to match the color of the TRG's metalwork. Fit just about any aftermarket bolt knob to your Sako TRG rifle,there are no uncommon metric threads on this bolt handle! Includes our Tactical knob which provides a small increase in overall length compared to the original.
- Manufactured from Grade 5 Titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
- Glass bead blasted. No tooling marks, matte finish
- Color matched to rifle using Cerakote-H series
- CNC engraved lettering on dovetail specifying thread
- 5/16" x 24 TPI male thread to accept most bolt knobs
- Fits both left and right handed rifles
The factory handle of the TRG 22 and TRG 42 is threaded directly into the bolt body using a metric M6 x 1 thread and has a threaded stem for bolt knobs in M8 x 1.25. The handle can be removed by firstly removing the factory knob then wrapping the handle in a strip of thick leather and securing firmly in a bench vise with the bolt body positioned parallel to the vise jaws. The bolt body can now be rotated anti-clockwise to unscrew from the handle. Clean threads if necessary then screw the new titanium handle using the smaller threaded end (M6 x 1) into the bolt body firmly by hand. Following this the bolt knob can be screwed onto the end of the bolt handle - again firmly by hand.
- The strip of thick leather (or padded vice jaws) serve to grip the bolt handle firmly and avoid marring the finish
- Never use excessive force to unscrew the factory handle as this may result in it breaking / snapping potentially causing a difficult task of removing the remaining stem still threaded into the bolt body
- If using a thread locking compound to attach the bolt handle or bolt knob, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent