Lithgow LA102 - DBM for AICS Magazines (7075-T76 aerospace alloy)
Black color option is now in production, first lot will be ready from December 2021. Please click "Notify Me" to receive an email alert when this first production lot is in stock.
DBM for short-action AICS magazines, 7075-T76 grade aerospace alloy.
Our DBM for the Lithgow LA102 is a durable replacement which accepts high quality AICS pattern magazines suitable for all factory 'short action' chamberings. This DBM eliminates the last major plastic component on the factory laminate and walnut stocks that utilize the Tikka T3 / T3x pattern magazines. It also provides an exceptionally rigid platform for pillar and/or full epoxy bedding to chase accuracy improvements on these already fantastically accurate rifles. The triggerguard is and body is made from high-grade 7075-T76 which is then cerakoted to match the original color options of the metalwork from Lithgow Arms. The magazine release lever is ambidextrous and is either 4140 QPQ nitrided steel (factory black color option), or 316 stainless steel (titanium color option). All minor components including the lever roll pin and lever coil spring are made from stainless steel. Even with prolonged use in extreme environments our DBM will not fail, corrode or degrade in anyway, it is exceptionally light and instantly permits the use of a wide range of 5 and 10 round steel magazines in the AICS pattern. The Lithgow LA105 is a genuine PRS rifle right out of the box and there are some other fine chassis options for LA102 such as Southern Cross Small Arms. However for the LA102 owner not wanting to go the chassis route for their build or who are trying to keep weight to the absolute minimum, there is a very limited choice of competition stock options and AICS bottom metal. Installing our DBM into the Bolly Aviation 'UPH' carbon fiber stock results in a competition-ready / extreme long range hunting rifle without requiring bedding, inletting, or any modifications.
- Fits factory walnut and laminate stocks with minor inletting on each side of the magazine well
- Drop-in fit for all Bolly Aviation (Precision Defence Industries) carbon fiber stocks.
- Will not fit factory synthetic stocks, and not compatible with any known chassis systems.
- Weighs 6.52oz (185g)
- High grade aerospace materials minimizing weight but maximizing durability
- Accepts all short action AICS pattern single-feed magazines (223 / 308 / WSM types)
- Can be used with AIAW double-feed magazines (milling of action required)
- Design follows the lines of the original factory plastic triggerguard resulting in a seamless fit to all stocks
- The triggerguard and body of the DBM are machined from high grade 7075-T76 aluminum alloy
- The titanium color DBM has an ambidextrous magazine release lever machined from 316 stainless steel (bead blasted)
- The black color DBM has an ambidextrous magazine release lever machined from 4140 steel (QPQ hardened black)
- The titanium color DBM has Cerakote™H Series Titanium H-170 applied to the triggerguard and body
- The black color DBM is hardcoat anodized type 3 (MIL-A-8625) for both the triggerguard and body
- All other components are stainless steel (either 304 or 316 grades)
- Reuses the original factory action screws, no bedding pillars or action screws are supplied
- Precision turned stainless steel shims included to account for variations between different stocks and magazine feedlips.
- Our DBM follows the factory inlet 100% however due to the AICS magazines being a wider-bodied design, a step inside the factory stock needs to be ground down for the magazine well section to fit inside.
- Stock inletting is
ideally done using a milling machine but is also an easy 10 minute job with a dremel-type tool or a little longer with a
rasp or coarse file. No other tools are needed and this area is not visible once the
rifle is reassembled. We recommend protecting around the area being modified with several layers of masking tape when using either a dremel or rasp / file and using a padded bench mat.
- Aftermarket stocks such as those from Bolly Aviation (Precision Defence Industries) do not require any inletting and have been milled to suit the wider magazine well required for AICS magazines.
- Please note that we do not include action screws or bedding pillars, our DBM is designed to reuse the original Lithgow action screws that came with your rifle. Bolly Aviation stocks have carbon fiber pillars already installed and do not require bedding.
- Due to variations in tolerances between different rifles and the different stock and magazine options available on the market, we include stainless steel shims which allow fine tuning of DBM-to-action spacing to achieve a perfect fit for your particular rifle. These shims also account for variations between different brands of AICS pattern magazines.
- Installation of the shims is generally required for the bolt to clear the magazine feedlips if your rifle is chambered in a cartridge with a case diameter ranging from 223R to 308W (i.e. all factory chambering options)
- Installation of the shims is not recommended if fitting our DBM to a rifle chambered in a cartridge with a larger diameter case body than 308W. This includes WSMs, RSAUMs and anything based on the .284W case. The DBM was specifically designed to allow these magazines to sit closer to the face of the bolt for reliable feeding. The wider feedlips of these magazines will allow the bolt to cycle without binding. Contact us for more information.
Tags: Lithgow LA102