Sako M995 and TRG-S - titanium bolt handle
Sako M995 and TRG-S
Titanium bolt handle and tactical knob
Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA - see our website www.boltknobs.comThis is a direct, screw-in replacement for your original Sako M995 and TRG-S bolt handle. We CNC turn these from aerospace (Grade 5) titanium alloy then bead blast and apply a highly durable Cerakote-H finish to match the color of the factory metalwork. Fit just about any aftermarket bolt knob to your rifle, there are no uncommon metric threads on this bolt handle! Includes our Tactical knob which provides a small increase in overall length compared to the original.
- Manufactured from Grade 5 Titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
- Glass bead blasted. No tooling marks, matte finish
- Color matched to rifle using Cerakote-H series
- CNC engraved lettering on dovetail specifying thread
- 5/16" x 24 TPI male thread to accept most bolt knobs
- Fits both left and right handed rifles
The factory handle of the Sako M995 and TRG-S are threaded directly into the bolt body using a metric M6 x 1 thread and has a threaded stem for bolt knobs in M8 x 1.25. The handle can be removed by firstly removing the factory knob then wrapping the handle in a strip of thick leather and securing firmly in a bench vise with the bolt body positioned parallel to the vise jaws. The bolt body can now be rotated anti-clockwise to unscrew from the handle. Clean threads if necessary then screw the new titanium handle using the smaller threaded end (M6 x 1) into the bolt body firmly by hand. Following this the bolt knob can be screwed onto the end of the bolt handle - again firmly by hand.
- The strip of thick leather (or padded vice jaws) serve to grip the bolt handle firmly and avoid marring the finish
- Never use excessive force to unscrew the factory handle as this may result in it breaking / snapping potentially causing a difficult task of removing the remaining stem still threaded into the bolt body
- If using a thread locking compound to attach the bolt handle or bolt knob, we don't recommend using anything stronger than purple Loctite (222) or equivalent