Tikka T1x - barrel thread protector
Barrel Thread Protector
This is a high quality, screw-in replacement for your original Tikka T1x barrel thread protector. Unlike the original plastic item from Tikka, our version is CNC turned from high quality 4140 grade ordnance steel, then QPQ nitrided black to a surface hardness of approximately 60 Rc. This part replaces the only plastic on the factory barrel and matches the blued finish. Available in ½" x 28 UNEF (only) for all Tikka T1x rifles sold in the USA. Please note that Tikka T1x rifles supplied outside of the USA commonly have ½" x 20 UNF muzzle threads - this thread protector will not fit these models.
- Weighs 0.45 oz (12.8 grams)
- ½" x 28 UNEF muzzle thread to fit all Tikka T1x rifles supplied to the USA market
- 45° x 0.5mm chamfered edges - matching the OEM design
- Manufactured from high quality 4140 grade ordnance steel (chrome molybdenum).
- Surface hardened to approximately 60 Rc (QPQ nitrided)
- Specifically designed for the Tikka T1x, matching the factory Tikka barrel in both color and outside diameter
- Better protects the muzzle threads from damage than the original plastic item
- Fits all model variants, both left-handed and right-handed.
We pack each thread protector into a small ziploc bag with a generous amount of corrosion inhibitor sprayed onto them. This should be wiped off prior to installation. Cleaning of the thread protector should follow the same regime as your barreled action.