Lithgow LA101 - trigger spring set
- Brand: Lumley Arms
- Product Code: LA101-SPRING
- Fitting Guide (customer written)
- Availability: In Stock
Trigger spring set
Gunsmith installation recommended
A new trigger spring set of two springs addressing both trigger pull weight and travel. These both replace the originals rated by Lithgow Arms at ~2kg (4.4 lbs). Our spring breaks cleanly and consistently with reduced creep at ~730g (1.6 lbs)* when installed correctly**. Some hand tools*** are required for the installation. These triggers aren't adjustable, the only method to safely achieve a lighter pull weight is to replace the trigger spring with a properly designed lighter and slightly longer replacement. Thorough testing is essential for a safe trigger post installation, always ensure the rifle is unloaded before commencing any work. If in doubt about any aspect of the install or methodology to ensure a safe trigger has been achieved, please take it to a gunsmith. A guide written by one of our customers is linked here.
* Results will vary slightly between individual rifles and different trigger pull gauges. Our pull weight is measured using the RCBS trigger pull scale.
** We supply replacement springs only, we do not provide any installation instructions. If unsure on installation, we highly recommend having a qualified and competent gunsmith do the job. Slight variations between different rifles may result in an unsafe trigger when fitting these springs. Always ensure the rifle is unloaded before commencing work and test trigger function extensively upon reassembly.
*** Minimum recommended tools for installation are:
- small nylon/brass tipped hammer
- small pin punches of various sizes
- metric allen key set going down to size 1.5mm
- small circlip pliers
- brass scraper/pick to remove blue Dykem cross check (or similar thread marker)
Tags: Lithgow LA101