Tikka T3 / T3x - DBM for factory magazines (arctic version)
FIRST PRODUCTION RUN UNDERWAY NOW (APRIL 2021), CLICK "NOTIFY ME" TO REGISTER FOR AN EMAIL ALERT FOR WHEN THIS STOCK IS READY
Tikka T3 / T3x
Arctic triggerguard (DBM for factory magazines) - Titanium and 7075-T76 alloy
Read the full review of the regular triggerguard version of this DBM fitted to a custom ultralight T3 build from the April 2021 edition of Australian Shooter (reprinted by permission of the Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia)
This is the 'arctic' version of our T3 / T3x bottom metal replacement using the factory magazines. The design is based on the input from several customers in Alaska and Canada and we have measured the index finger diameter of several -30°F (-34.4°C) rated gloves to determine the inside clearance needed for the design of the triggerguard. The original style of the factory T3 / T3x triggerguard design has been largely retained, however we have elongated the front section downwards to gain extra clearance for gloved trigger fingers. The triggerguard is CNC machined from grade 5 titanium alloy and available in a natural finish (silver color) as well as a highly durable PVD DLC coating (black color). If you hunt in the extreme cold or rely on your Tikka T3 / T3x for bear defense, our arctic triggerguard will enable you to quickly take a shot without first removing gloves. We've been told that prototypes of this unit match very well with our oversized titanium handle and round 1" carbon fiber knob. Due to much lower production runs and additional material costs, our Arctic DBM costs $20 more than our standard version.
- Very light - weighs under 3oz (83.5g)
- The body of DBM is machined from high grade 7075-T76 aluminum alloy
- The arctic trigger guard is machined from aerospace Ti6Al4V titanium alloy
- The magazine release lever is machined from aerospace Ti6Al4V titanium alloy
- All other components are stainless steel (either 304 or 316 grades)
- Generally a 'drop-in' fit for most rifles (see conditions below in 'fitting guide')
- Accepts all T3/T3x magazines, not compatible with the CTR magazine.
- Available in two colors, with slight variations between Al and Ti components
- Silver/grey color - garnet blasted finish to Ti parts, silver anodized body
- Black color - PVD finished Ti parts, Milspec type 3 hard coat anodized body
- The trigger guard is fully replaceable and serviceable
- Includes bedding pillars and non-tapered hex head screws (both 316 stainless)
Fitting GuideFor bedding your T3 or T3x, please download our comprehensive guide on this link.
- This DBM follows the factory inlet 100% and does not require any modification to the stock aside from drilling the action screw holes out to 10mm to fit the pillars (if applicable).
- In most cases this will be a 'drop in' or 'push-in' fit for factory timber or laminate stocks - however please note factory tolerances vary which can cause fitment issues for some rifles
- The factory synthetic stocks have very poor tolerances due to shrinkage after molding. When fitted to these stocks, the DBM in most cases will need to be gently tapped into the inlet (cover with a soft towel and use a nylon tipped hammer)
- Our magazine release lever is designed to lock the magazines up tight. The plastic original is typically shorter by up to 0.5mm to 0.75mm than it needs to be (varies based on degree of wear / distortion from use). This sloppy tolerance is partly why the tension spring is there to take up the slack. Due to differences between individual magazines, the top of our lever may need to be shortened between 0.5mm to 0.75mm for your particular rifle and magazine(s). This is quickly and easily done by just 4 or 5 firm swipes with a metal file (with lever removed from DBM and secured in a vise).
- Our DBM is very rigid - whereas the plastic original is not. For this reason the factory tension spring is rigid (0.50mm thick) and excessively angled pushing the magazine forwards to counter the flex of the factory plastic parts. This causes problems for some customers with the magazine not clipping into our DBM unless it is pulled backwards against this tension spring when inserted. To correct this spring tension, remove it from the trigger housing (5mm hex key required) and reduce the angle closest to the screw hole to 90 degrees by bending it whilst clamped in a vise.
- Don't rely on your stock having the correct spacing between the action and DBM at either the front or rear action screws - use our pillars or measure the tangs (front: 22.7mm / 0.8937" and rear: 33.02mm / 1.3" ). Test fit the DBM to the action first using only the pillars and action screws (no stock) to check magazine function.
- The previous three steps account for virtually 100% of fitment issues. It doesn't take long to fit this DBM and have it functioning reliably. Contact us us first if you are having difficulty before making any modifications to your stock, magazines or DBM!