Tikka T3 / T3x - titanium bolt stop
Tikka T3 / T3x bolt stop (bolt release)
Grade 5 aerospace titanium - Ti6Al4V
Available in either a highly durable black coating (PVD) or a titanium grey color (garnet blasted)
- CNC machined from grade 5 aerospace titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
- Tactile serrations milled in at tip for grip in all weather conditions
- Replaces the original, sloppy fitting, cast steel unit with a much tighter fit version.
- Enables re barreling of rifles to different length cartridges
- Short, Long and Magnum lengths available
- Very light, strong and corrosion resistant.
- Less than half the price of the factory original from Brownells.
- Includes a new dowel pin (stainless)
- Includes new springs (stainless for short & long, zinc plated spring steel for magnum)
Note: The following lengths are defined below, but for 'short' and 'long' the next longer size up will allow bullets to be seated further out (if your magazine permits it):
'Magnum' - designed for 6.5x55 SE, 30-06 SPRG, 300 Win Mag and similar
'Long' - designed for 243 Win, 308 Win, WSMs and similar
'Short' - designed for 204 Ruger, 222 Rem, 223 Rem and similar
This part is not a guaranteed 'drop in' fit - some fitting may be required. Our CNC machined titanium bolt stops are slightly longer and a substantially tighter fit than the original factory casting for a secure 'no gap, no wobble' fit to your T3 action which they were designed for. The bolt stops also fit the newer Tikka T3x although can be a tight fit in some specific rifles. We test fit each bolt stop prior to packing in our own shop rifle (T3x), however if the bolt stop is a tight fit in your rifle the simple and fast fix is to very slightly enlarge the center hole (dowel pin hole) of the bolt stop by drilling it using a #30 rivet drill bit (0.1285" / 3.26mm). These bits are only a couple of dollars online or at a hardware shop. We have noticed that Tikka moved from a round hole with the T3 to an oval hole for the T3x which allows minor movement back and forth. In 90%+ of cases our bolt stops will fit the first time without any drilling required. Enlarging the hole does not impact the bolt stops function in any way.