Tikka T3 / T3x - titanium bolt stop
Tikka T3 bolt stop (bolt release)
Grade 5 aerospace titanium - Ti6Al4V
Available in either a highly durable black coating (PVD) or a titanium grey color (garnet blasted)
- CNC machined from grade 5 aerospace titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
- Tactile serrations milled in at tip for grip in all weather conditions
- Replaces the original, sloppy fitting, cast steel unit with a much tighter fit version.
- Enables re barreling of rifles to different length cartridges
- Short, Long and Magnum lengths available
- Very light, strong and corrosion resistant.
- Less than half the price of the factory original from Brownells.
- Includes a new dowel pin (stainless)
- Includes new springs (stainless for short & long, zinc plated spring steel for magnum)
Note: The following lengths are defined below, but for 'short' and 'long' the next longer size up will allow bullets to be seated further out (if your magazine permits it):
'Magnum' - designed for 6.5x55 SE, 30-06 SPRG, 300 Win Mag and similar
'Long' - designed for 243 Win, 308 Win, WSMs and similar
'Short' - designed for 204 Ruger, 222 Rem, 223 Rem and similar
This part is not a guaranteed 'drop in' fit - some fitting may be required. Our CNC machined titanium bolt stops are slightly longer and a substantially tighter fit than the original factory casting for a secure 'no gap, no wobble' fit to your T3 action. We test fit each bolt stop prior to packing in our own shop rifle, however due to small variations in tolerances two issues may present themselves in some cases. Both are easily remedied and listed below with solutions:
(1) If the bolt stop feels 'sticky' once fitted, identify which part is touching the receiver (usually the front), then apply 120 grit lapping compound and working the bolt stops vigorously until it operates smoothly (clean lapping compound off completely once finished, cold blue the small area if you have a blued receiver). Note that if they do feel sticky when first fitted, they will loosen up after enough use in almost all cases, don't over do it with the lapping compound.
(2) If the bolt stop does fit but you cannot release the bolt from the receiver then the coil spring is slightly too long for your particular rifle. Disassemble and remove using wire cutters between 3/4 to 1 full coil from the coil spring then reassemble and test again. If you cut the spring too short we will mail more to you at no cost via regular surface mail / international air mail (no tracking). You may want to shorten the spring anyhow if you desire a lighter release weight for the bolt stop.
(3) If the two above solutions do not resolve the issue, you may not have installed the retaining pin all the way back in.
The photo in the gallery highlights these three areas with blue arrows. This is an easy part to fit requiring very little time. Contact us if you are having difficulty fitting this part.