Arctic DBM for factory magazines - Titanium and 7075-T76 alloy
This is the 'arctic' version of our T1x bottom metal replacement using the factory magazines. The design is based on the input from several customers in Alaska and Canada who trialed our T3 / T3x arctic DBM (which uses the identical titanium triggerguard). We have measured the index finger diameter of several -30°F (-34.4°C) rated gloves to determine the inside clearance needed for the design of the triggerguard. The original style of the factory T1x triggerguard design has been largely retained, however we have elongated the front section downwards to gain extra clearance for gloved trigger fingers. Fully CNC-machined from a mix of high-grade titanium and aluminum alloys with absolutely no cheap 6000 series aluminum alloy used anywhere. The development of this bottom metal replaces the last chunk of plastic that comes with the factory rifle. This results in a very strong, lightweight and corrosion resistant product - providing the perfect bedding platform for your T1x rifle (bedding pillars and hex-head action screws included).
- Very light - weighs under 3.13oz (88.8g)
- The body of DBM is machined from high grade 7075-T76 aluminum alloy
- The trigger guard is machined from aerospace Ti6Al4V titanium alloy
- Accepts all T1x magazines
- PVD finished Ti triggerguard
- Milspec type 3 hard coat anodized body
- The trigger guard is fully replaceable and serviceable
- Includes bedding pillars and non-tapered hex head screws (both 316 stainless)
- Standard triggerguard design also available, see here
- The factory walnut stocks ('Hunter') will in most cases drop-in and require either no fitting or very minor fitting.
- The factory synthetic stocks ('MTR') are not
usually a drop-in fit due to the poor tolerances involved with the
molding process employed to manufacture these stocks. The bottom metal will generally
press in by hand however some force may be required and in some cases
the DBM will need to be tapped in using a nylon block and nylon-tipped
hammer. More details in the fitting guide section below and the PDF linked at the top right of this page.
- The factory fiberglass ('UPR') stocks have a different inlet pattern for the bottom metal. Our bottom metal
will fit the UPR stock however there will be gaps on either side,
which are cosmetic not functional.
Installing this Tikka T1x DBM follows the same process as the T3 / T3x
DBM. Our Tikka T3 / T3x fitting guide is available to download in PDF
format (with step-by-step photos) at the top of this page in the section
above the price.
- Our DBM is 100% identical to the factory
inlet, we measured a number of OEM synthetic DBMs to determine the
correct inlet profile. Don't rely on your particular stock being exactly
within tolerances correct, particularly if you have an OEM synthetic
stocked rifle which may require up to 1mm of material remove from the
inside surface adjacent to the magazine well (see image in the gallery
of this surface marked by red arrows, it is the step inside of the stock
only - not the inlet for the DBM).
- Our DBM does not require
any modification to the stock aside from drilling the action screw
holes out to 10mm to fit the pillars (if applicable). We recommend using
a 9.9mm drill bit to begin with.
- In almost all cases our DBM be a 'drop in' fit for the OEM Hunter and UPH stocks.
OEM synthetic stocks (MTR) have poor tolerances due to shrinkage after
molding. When fitted to these stocks, the DBM in most cases will need to
be gently tapped into the inlet (see also #1).
- It doesn't take long to fit this DBM and have it functioning reliably. Contact us us first if you are having difficulty - we do not recommend making any modifications to your stock inlet, magazines or DBM!