Savage - titanium bolt body (Right Hand)
This is a new product with first generation prototypes currently being field tested (as of April 2023). We are now starting the first production run in January 2024. Click the 'notify me' button to sign up for an email alert for when our first production run is available on the webstore.
Savage bolt body (for right-handed actions)
Fits most short-action centerfire models - including all variants of the 10, 11, 12, 14, and 16 (will not fit the Axis).
Designed for the shooter in pursuit of the lightest rifle absolutely possible. These bolt bodies are completely CNC machined from Grade 5 titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V) and the finish on them is superb. They fit Savage Centerfire
models based on the 'short-action' model 10 pattern. Will will be initially releasing the RH 'standard' version only, however fluted and left-handed options may be available in the future. The weight difference between our titanium bolt bodies and the factory steel unit has to be handled to be appreciated, during testing our fluted prototype was 54% lighter than the Savage OEM steel bolt body (a saving of 2.37oz / 67.2g). When combined with our titanium bolt handles (left or right) and titanium BAS (2019+ models) or titanium bolt lift kits (pre-2019 models), substantial savings in weight can be achieved. If unsure on compatibility with your particular model, please measure the length of your OEM bolt body and compare the dimensions to those in the last image of the gallery.
- Weight (titanium, 5x straight flutes): 1.99oz (56.6g)
- Weight (titanium, standard): 2.48oz (70.4g)
- Weight (Savage OEM steel): 4.36oz (123.8g)
- Nominal diameter: options are 0.695" (17.65mm) and 0.700" (17.78mm)
- Made from Grade 5 Titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
- As machined finish (0.4 μm Ra)
Some fitting may be required
We cannot accept returns for bolt bodies that have been modified or show signs of fitting. With so many models and sub models of different vintages, we have found that the dimensions between individual Savage rifles can vary. Our Savage bolt bodies are available in the two different diameters below:
- 0.695" (17.65mm) - this ideal for the majority of factory model receivers that we've measured.
- 0.700" (17.78mm) - in many cases this will be marginally larger than the ID of most receivers, ideal for a no wiggle, no slop fit however gunsmith fitting may be required.